Tuesday, August 23

To heck with Christmas ...

it's only 3 more sleeps to our 16th wedding anniversary - and I have no gift for Dan!!!! What to do, what to do, what to do????
I have a sock started, I could give it to him, and the yarn, and tell him I'll get it finished. But, they were going to be for Christmas.
Do I suddenly declare this a "gift free" celebration, and suggest we just go out for a meal? Yeah, right, I LIKE gifts!! :)
I could make him his favorite cake, but that's not really a gift anymore. It's more like a bi-weekly treat.

I've got to go to the bank later on. I ordered cheques and deposit books for my business "D & D Creations, Crafts and Woodworking", and the cheques came with a typo on them, and there is no book for the deposit books to go into. Hopefully today will get that taken care of.

Want to go to the kids school and take a few pictures too. Going to be making a book up for Troy; hopefully teach him to read a bit. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I'll do it. He'll enjoy it anyway. Can't believe he's going into grade 5!

Katie is going into grade 4. She needs to work on her spelling. I should have been doing that all summer - but I'm slack.

Four years ago I had a stomach bacteria. Felt miserable for months. The doctor thought it was my gall bladder for quite a while. Well, I think it's back. Ended up at our local ER on Sunday, thinking I was having appendix pains. I"m on medication, which hopefully will take care of it. If not, I'll have to have my gall bladder ultrasounded. I almost constantly feel like I'm going to throw up. Not fun!

More plesant topic!! Gotta think of on! :)

Can't think of one. sorry

1 comment:

John said...

Hiya Dorothy, I am just spending a couple of hours browsing and found your site. I spotted your post called To heck with Christmas ... although it was nightmare before christmas I was looking for. I found it an interesting and informative read and I just though I'd say so. Got to go looking for nightmare before christmas now so I'll check your site again soon. Good site by the way. Keep blogging - John