Thursday, August 18

Did you realize

that it is just over 4 months to Christmas?? Many thanks to my Mom for pointing that distressing little tidbit of information to me. Aarggh!! So many things I want to get knit, so little time!! Must get fingers busy!

My list?? 2 pair of wool socks for my brother (have to arrange to get his name when we draw names). Socks for 1 niece and 1 nephew. Scarf for another niece. Socks for 3rd niece?? Second nephew - not sure yet. Have to make something for my Mom, but not sure what yet. Gave her a shrug a couple of years ago; her neighbour (our honourary aunt) really liked it, so would like to make her one for this year. Want to knit a horse sweater for Katie, need to buy yarn for that one. Socks for Troy? Socks for Dan. Guess I had better find a place to buy some sock yarn!! I'm sure there is more on the list!

We've had a lazy day here today. I had a bit of a headache all day, just enough of one to bug me.

I'm knitting a Harry Potter scarf bookmark for a friend of ours. Her b-day is Monday. It's 19 stripes, red and yellow. 15 sts on the needles (5 on each needle), 6 rows to each strip. And I'm using size 1mm (0000) needles! I'm sure she'll love it. And I know I'll have to do one for her sister for her b-day or Christmas - whichever one comes first.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Dorothy,

it's exactly 128 days to Christmas, not that I'm counting :)

You've got so many gifties on your knit list. Me, I don't make a knitting list anymore. I just knit what I want and if it happens to match someone's taste or style, they get it for Christmas. It's the lazy woman's way to stay sane and enjoy the holidays.
hugs
mary anne