Friday, January 26

Mitten update

We now have 8 pairs of mittens and gloves in the mitten box. More are supposed to be coming to me on Sunday :) YIPPEE!!!

It's a bitter cold day out there today. I just got home from the gym - and the air is so cold it hurts to breathe.

I need to figure out how to add a thing to my sidebar so I can keep track of how many steps I walk, once the walking challenge starts. Anyone know any simple dimple ways to do that? Was thinking of doing an "inches lost" as well, but changed my mind! One of the other ladies that goes to the gym with me has lost 11.75" off her waist since January 2nd!! What motivation!!

Wonder what I should take to knit on as I roam the halls of the school at lunchtime? I don't have any simple projects started. Can't do thrummed mittens as I walk - too many things to try to juggle. Have a dishcloth for the dishcloth exchange that I'm in - but that's too complicated to knit on as I walk. Guess I'll have to cast on a pair of mittens!! :) Well, Duh to me! I should be able to get a cuff done as I walk. Now to go downstairs and find the needles/yarn and a pattern.

Keep warm!!

3 comments:

Donna M said...

Glad to see your blog update. It looks good!
Your mitten drive sounds like it is very successful.....8 pair already!
@^&$#@! Am I the only one that can't tell the difference between Q and G in those stupid word verification things!?? Drives me insane!

Mary Anne said...

yay for the mitten count! and yay for you with your walking program!

Anonymous said...

Hi! FRC is in Brigdewater, on Empire St, same side of the road as the Arena, just down the block. I donated yarn, needles and patterns, even sewing patterns. Next I must go through the boxes of fabric and deal with that.