Saturday, January 22

Baby it's cold out there!

-30 at 8:45 in the morning. Too cold for my liking. It's a day to stay inside and knit the day away. Watch movies, drink hot chocolate. Drag my daughter out to a b-day party at 3:30 (hope it's warmer by then!)

I'm sitting here listening to the dog 2 houses down howl like crazy. Poor thing, it's probaby cold. Hope they take it inside soon. I hope it wasn't out all night!

That said, I made sure all of our animals were as snug and comfy as could be last night. The ponies were fed inside, which encouraged them to stay in out of the wind. The bunnies were bundled up with lots of hay for warmth, and extra food for them to eat. The cat was inside; probably laughing at everyone else who was outside :)

Star has frost on her back this morning; but that's a good thing. It means that her body isn't wasting heat trying to melt the frost; but is instead keeping her warm. Tiny has his coat on, so he should be warm. (Star has a coat, she just knows how to take it off)

I finished knitting a "surprise" for a friend of mine. Can't tell you what it is though. But I think she'll like it, especially since she sent me the yarn in the first place. :)

We're due for another snow storm. The third one in about a week. I'm tired of snow!! I'm supposed to go to Halifax for appts on Monday, and to meet "Stitch Witch" http://www.knitstitchwitch.blogspot.com/ but it's sounding like those plans will have to be changed - again. Yup, had to change them last week because of a snow storm. The receptionist from my doctors office called me to confirm this appt and jokingly said she hoped she wasn't talking to me again on this Sunday. Honest, a doctors office that called the day before a storm to cancel an appt - she called me last Sunday! I was shocked! Anyway, she sounds very friendly on the phone.

Today I want to start a new knitting project. Not sure what it will be though. It's got to be something I can work on while the kids are bugging me. I've got no idea. I'll have to look through my patterns and see what I have enough yarn in my stash to make.

Hope it's warmer where you are!!

No comments: