Monday, May 29

Sick Kid

I've got a sick kid. Anyone want her??? She started with a cold Weds night. Yesterday she felt pretty good. Today she has a fever of 101.4. This is the third day of school that she has missed.

I spent all day yesterday either in bed or lying on the sofa. Had a killer of a migraine. Well, at least I think it was a migraine. Finally went away last night. My throat is sore today; here's hoping it doesn't get any worse than it is right now!

Of course, her being sick, and me not 100% means that we don't go for riding lessons tonight. If our instructor can't re-schedule us it'll be a month before our next lesson. :(

I tried to do some knitting yesterday; hoping to finish off a pair of socks for me, but the head and fingers just didn't want to co-operate.

We have 1100 puppets done now. I don't knit them all. My Mom and I knit most of them, my sister knits some. Now that my niece is home from Acadia she does the sewing up and putting the faces on them. My Mom knits most of them right now; little things are easier on her hands for her to work on. I have them all in my bedroom closet right now; 11 strands of 100 puppets - they make some funny looking scarves :) Our next delivery will be in June when I have to take our son down for dental work.

2 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Hi Dorothy! That sucks, you both being sick at the same time. Hope it doesn't linger.

I'm just outside of New Germany. I spent about a year in Shelburne when I was in the military. LOVED IT. But then I love the ocean. It's probably about an hour and some away from me. Do you have your own barn or do you have to board your horses? And how much hay does a horse consume in a day? A couple years ago I had a milk cow and pigs, etc. I enjoy working with the animals. Sometimes it seemed that they were far kinder than people!

Mary Anne said...

Dorothy,

1100 puppets! Incredible. You are an inspiration.

I know you aren't feeling well and with the little one being so sick too, it's no fun. I hope you both feel better soon.

warm hugs,
mary anne